Milk Kefir Tzatziki Recipe
Looking for a fresh dip to go with your falafels and grilled meat? This delicious milk kefir tzatziki recipe is easy to prepare and very versatile.
Its creamy texture and tangy taste will bring freshness to any dish.
Check out this article on How to make kefir cheese. For this kefir tzatziki recipe, the cheese should have the texture of Greek yogurt. Let the cheese drain for a shorter time when making it.
You could also use homemade (or purchased) yogurt, drained in a cheese bag, cheesecloth or Kefirko Cheese Maker.
Kefir Tzatziki Recipe
- 1 tasse kefir cheese
- 1 clove of garlic (or 1 tbsp. chopped garlic scape)
- ¼ cup fresh mint
- ½ cup grated cucumber
- ½ lemon (juice)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Finely chop the mint. Press garlic with a garlic press, or grate with a zester or the fine side of a cheese grater.
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients except for the olive oil. If your kefir cheese is very thick, add another ½ cup of grated cucumber. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Before serving, garnish with a drizzle of olive oil.
This kefir tzatziki will keep for about a week in the refrigerator.
Enjoy this delicious and probiotic-packed kefir tzatziki with pita bread, in your sandwiches, with tabbouleh or any grilled dish that needs a little freshness.
Everything you need to make this recipe:
- Guide: How to make homemade milk kefir
- Guide: How to Make Milk Kefir Cheese
- Buy Milk Kefir Grains or Milk Kefir Culture
- Buy Kefirko Cheese Maker Kit