Are you the new proud owner of dehydrated water kefir grains, and you would like to know how to activate them? The process is quick and easy, and you will be able to make homemade water kefir the same day.
How to Activate Dehydrated Water Kefir Grains
Have a sudden craving for kefir? Just reactivate some fruit kefir grains and you can make a delicious drink in a few steps.
- Dehydrated fruit kefir grains (whole bag, about 1 tbsp)
- 500 ml non-chlorinated water
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- Add ingredients to a glass jar.
- Seal the jar and let soak for 3 hours.
- Strain and collect your newly reactivated kefir grains.
- You are ready to make your first kefir recipe!
Making Your First Water Kefir
- Before making your first batch, add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice so your kefir grains will gain robustness.
- Let your first batches ferment for 3 to 5 days (or until effervescent). Subsequent batches should only take 1 to 2 days to ferment.
Have you tried it?Share and tag @revolutionfermentation!